When the North Church and South Church split in the mid 1850’s, the South Church was built down on what is now the Norwich Town Green. The North Church dissolved in 1854. The remaining members joined the South Church, which a short time later was cut in half and moved to its current location on Church Street. At that time the church was lengthened by approximately 10 feet and an additional window was added to each side. A row of horse sheds just to the north and east of the church was built for the convenience of the parishioners. In 1909 the interior of the church was extensively remodeled.
The interior of the church was remodeled again in 2005.
The Congregational Church, popularly known as the “White Church,” is located at 15 Church Street.